5 Things I Learned in 2021:
1. You don't have to choose between being an employee and an entrepreneur. You can have a full-time job and build a passion project or side income, and they can fuel one another.
2. You can feel fulfilled by doing things that are not your job.
I always thought the only thing that could make me feel satisfied and energized is my job. I never really tried anything else, so I didn't realize there were other things I could do.
3. The partner you choose for your journey makes all the difference in the world. I would never be where I am today if it wasn't for my husband. We all need someone to support us, believe in us, and know when to kick us in the butt if we need it. This year has made it clear I chose well.
4. You can build real friendships virtually. I have met amazing people this year, whom I've never met in person, and yet they've gone out of their way to support me (you have no idea!). I don't remember the last time I felt this sense of belonging.
5. Helping others is the best thing you can do for yourself. Giving is the most freeing, energizing, and fulfilling act. You don't have to be an expert or an influencer to help others, you just need to be willing to listen and emphasize.
What has this year taught you?