How to Get Into the Employee Hall of Fame
I got my first job in #Marketing with almost no experience.
When I asked my manager why they chose me over candidates with more experience this is what they said:
I was more knowledgeable than anyone they interviewed. It was clear I understood the business and the industry and I was capable of learning, fast.
I demonstrated I had grit with my "get things done" attitude
and they could see I was passionate about my work.
My manager believed I had the qualities of a 𝗵𝗶𝗴𝗵𝗹𝘆 𝗲𝗳𝗳𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝗲𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗼𝘆𝗲𝗲 and that was more valuable to them than experience.
This is why highly effective employees get into the employee hall of fame:
1. They familiarize themselves with how the business works
2. They are obsessed with understanding their target audience
3. They are always learning
4. They understand data and metrics
6. They know how to tell stories and influence people
7. They are biased towards action