The Invaluable Mindset!
They hired me to do social media,
I built a growth plan & helped grow our customer base 5x.
They hired me to lead Digital Marketing,
I built an eCommerce website & grew online sales by 40%.
They hired me to do executive communications,
I built a go-to-market plan that positioned us as industry leaders.
This is what happens when you adopt an owner's mindset.
You realize your job description is just a starting point, and
your goal is to help the company succeed in any way you can.
How do you develop an owner's mindset?
1. Know the business:
- Understand the business model and how the different units operate.
- Dive into the financials (pricing, revenue, costs)
2. Do more with less
- Experiment to create a case for your plan
- Start small to show results
- Think outside the box and look for creative ways to achieve your goals
3. Go beyond your job description
- Take the initiative, don't wait to be asked.
- Use your skills to deliver the most value to the company even if you are not "supposed" to do it (with and sometimes without permission)
This is the best way I know to grow your career.